Sunday, September 7, 2008

Amen Sister!

I found this posting at outtamilk.blogspot.com. And I couldn't have said it better myself... so I won't bother to try.

Please Forgive Me
Dear Hillary,

I know I haven't treated you like I should have. And through the years, I admit we've had a love-hate, on-and-off relationship.

I fell in love with you when you were hanging out with oh-so-cute Bill in the White House - and I admired your spunk and ability to throw when you learned about a Certain Intern.

But then, I had to screw things up by questioning your desire to become a New York senator (Okay, I said I was sorry for mocking your 2-minute residency in the state before taking political office) But gee, Hil, "the suit fit" and you did a great job.

Meanwhile, as a mom, I was also impressed with how Chelsea turned out. And during the long bleak Bush years, so many of us have been poor and jobless and without health insurance, but it was you and me, together in the trenches.

But then, you had to go get all power hungry. Admit it, you did. And friend, you were a little too strident for my tastes - and you made Republicans waaaay too happy every time you talked about being President.

The poll numbers looked iffy. You felt divisive. And ultimately, you reminded me of an uptight, angry, first-wave feminist whose determination just came across as bitchy.

And I left you.

But Hil, I see the error of my ways and I want you back. Um, still not as president, but to rip to shreds that Alaskan Creationist Anti-Community-Organizer No-Sperm-Shall-Be-Wasted Republican poser.

Please. If you ever loved any of us Democrats, you'll do this for me.

Please, please tell me that you're not going to give this scripted sharp-tongued loser a pass...Please, please don't tell me that you won't be an attack dog against Sarah Palin, according to the Huffington Post.

C'mon, she's using your hard earned accomplishments to push her horrid agenda. It's your glass ceiling to break.

She revels in being called a "barracuda" (thank you Heart for demanding the Republicans cease and desist using your song.)

And you know, I've got no doubt that she can be nasty - but girl, and I say this with love - you could be much nastier, and with more intellectual finesse.

The Dem boys can't do it. The laughable outrage of the GOP calling out "sexism" has scared them. And with good cause. History has shown that too often, political girls can outmaneuver boys by insinuating they're bullies -- hell, you've done it.

And this requires a bitch slap.

A good hard one.

So, Hillary, for all the good times we've shared, please, please do this for me. And can we still be friends?

Love, Digital Gal

No comments: