Monday, November 10, 2008

Guess what I get high on?

So... I am slacking. I'm not updating this blog as often as I (and some other vocal people) would like. And honestly, I want to update it more often, I do. It's not even that I'm too busy, it's just that I'm uninspired.

I occasionally have ideas float through my head and I like to give them a day or so to percolate to see if there is any substance to them. The other day, I thought about writing something about why I'm so addicted to primetime teen soap operas. But honestly, is there anything to say about that? Cause I'm a freak. End of blog.

Then I thought about writing of my love for all things Aaron Sorkin. Again, who cares? I have nothing interesting to say about it. Just that I love the West Wing and I was one of the few people who loved Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. He has a gift with dialogue and banter. And done.

Then yesterday, I was playing Guitar Hero and considered writing about how each song I hear has a memory attached to it that is so tangible that it often feels like a time machine. There are some songs on there that are SOOOOOO morning show on KROQ that I could almost see the Beverly Center passing me on my right as I drove down Beverly Blvd. to get to CBS for work in my Nissan Exterra. But again, with that thought, I am done.

And so it falls to you, gentle reader (as Stephen King would say.) I require inspiration. When I first got to Charlotte, I was taking this drop-in writing class. The teacher would read aloud from a poem or a song or something or even would just say a word and we would have to write whatever came into our minds for five minutes. I remember one time the assignment was to write something that started with the words "I thought I wanted." And from there I wrote a whole piece about leaving Los Angeles and television and my love/hate relationship with the whole scene and it's one of the things I am most proud of having written.

So a little help from my friends (yes, that's what I get high on) please! Send me an email with anything in it and I will do my best to come up with something to write about. A song lyric is good, a sentence fragment, something you saw in the newspaper or on line, whatever.

In all honesty, I want to write more. It feels good. I so rarely get to feel the satisfaction that comes with creation and I crave it. If only I could create an idea about something to write about.

I would imagine that you will see some blog on my love of the twilight series at some point, but other than that, I'm blank. Help!

1 comment:

snellycat said...

how about a blog about flashbacks? not the movie, though you can use "what a feeling" as background music. Just a random idea that came from nowhere... :)